The Seven Cs of Success (by Tom Morris)
From Plato and Aristotle to the present day, the wisest people who have ever thought about success and excellence have left us bits and pieces of powerful advice for attaining true success in our lives. I’ve put them all together as this framework of seven universal conditions.
For the most deeply satisfying and sustainable forms of success in our lives, we need to bring into any situation, relationship, or enterprise these seven tenets:
- A clear CONCEPTION of what we want, a vivid vision, a goal clearly imagined.
- A strong CONFIDENCE that we can attain the goal.
- A focus CONCENTRATION on what it takes to reach the goal.
- A stubborn CONSISTENCY in pursuing our vision.
- An emotional COMMITMENT to the importance of what we are doing.
- A good CHARACTER to guide us and keep us on the proper course.
- A CAPACITY to enjoy the process along the way.
Thomas V. Morris is an American philosopher. He is a former Professor of Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, founder of the Morris Institute for Human Values, and author of several books.